Just found this link online, which follows on nicely from my last post about the evolution of English and the relationship between American and British English. There are 10 one minute animated clips showing how English has evolved. Might be quite nice to use in the classroom?
The History of English in 10 Minutes
24/07/2011 by indiafearnley
Posted in Listening, Uncategorized | Tagged activities, adults, Advanced, authentic, EFL, esl, evolution, film, fun, language, listening, shakespeare, speaking, teaching, TEFL, Upper-Intermediate, video, vocab, youtube | Leave a Comment
- activities adults Advanced adventure adverbs advice authentic banana CELTA christmas cinema competition cops creative creative writing crime culture dictation discipline Dusner Ecuador EFL esl experiences fillers film food fun games grammar Homer Simpson ideas India Indonesia inspiration Intermediate interviews introductions kids language listening magazines memory money music narrative tenses news newspapers poems police post-it-notes Pre-Int prepositions prizes projects questions reading robbers running song speaking teaching team-work teenagers TEFL The Simpsons travel travelling Upper-Intermediate video vocab volunteering warmers writing youtube
These are some ideas that I have tried out in the classroom and want to share. Some are more original than others. I hope that by reading through my blog, you learn something new, or come across an old idea you used to use and now want to try it again!
I believe that we should all share our ideas to help make education fun and effective!
- RT @mattleys: Katie Hopkins says if you vote Green she'll poo in a sock and fling it at you. 7 hours ago
- RT @_youhadonejob: Not sure we needed to know that. http://t.co/TpjFTK8GTZ 7 hours ago
- @Bournemouthecho They have hi-bus jackets on. They are the road workmen, but doing a brilliantly comedy job. Most just standing watching. 9 hours ago
- @Bournemouthecho Get to Iford Rndbt. 1 guy manually directing cars, 1 smoking, 1 filming. Traffic chaos in all directions. 10 hours ago
- RT @JayneMSnell: Oh wow! I have my donors contact details!!! I can write directly to him and say thank you for saving my life! #LifeSaver @… 11 hours ago