Just found this link online, which follows on nicely from my last post about the evolution of English and the relationship between American and British English. There are 10 one minute animated clips showing how English has evolved. Might be quite nice to use in the classroom?
The History of English in 10 Minutes
24/07/2011 by indiafearnley
Posted in Listening, Uncategorized | Tagged activities, adults, Advanced, authentic, EFL, esl, evolution, film, fun, language, listening, shakespeare, speaking, teaching, TEFL, Upper-Intermediate, video, vocab, youtube | Leave a Comment
- activities adults Advanced adventure adverbs advice authentic banana CELTA christmas cinema competition cops creative creative writing crime culture dictation discipline Dusner Ecuador EFL esl experiences fillers film food fun games grammar Homer Simpson ideas India Indonesia inspiration Intermediate interviews introductions kids language listening magazines memory money music narrative tenses news newspapers poems police post-it-notes Pre-Int prepositions prizes projects questions reading robbers running song speaking teaching team-work teenagers TEFL The Simpsons travel travelling Upper-Intermediate video vocab volunteering warmers writing youtube
These are some ideas that I have tried out in the classroom and want to share. Some are more original than others. I hope that by reading through my blog, you learn something new, or come across an old idea you used to use and now want to try it again!
I believe that we should all share our ideas to help make education fun and effective!
- RT @ThatsEarth: If you're having a bad day, just look at how happy this man is with his onion. http://t.co/yXjgfYGcvD 11 hours ago
- I was a straight A student at school, but it just took me an hour to realise I had a t-shirt ok back-to-front and inside-out 11 hours ago
- @AliImdadBakes Yesterday I baked sweet potato brownies. They are delicious and weird at the same time. Have you tried them? Thoughts? 20 hours ago
- @SwedishCanary There is nothing in life that can't be improved by a burrito. Or a fajita... And some nachos. Sorry, what was the question? 20 hours ago
- RT @ed_son: As Ireland votes 'Yes' to equal marriage, it's time to reflect on the consequences this will have on society: http://t.co/1wvRo… 23 hours ago